As we look back on 2018, it has been an incredible year for the new combined company of UMS and Everbridge. You may have noticed some changes, such as the UMS branding becoming more aligned with Everbridge?
We’ve also been working behind-the-scenes to prepare for the integration of Everbridge and UMS technologies and we are excited to be reaching out to all customers using UMS’s Group Alert System to welcome them schedule their upgrade to the Everbridge Suite.
What are the main differences between UMS Group Alert and Everbridge's Mass Notification?
The Everbridge Platform will provide you with the most powerful platform on the market, expanded functionality, and added benefits such as 24/7 support. We will hold a webinar, to learn more about the Everbridge Suite Features and what to expect during the migration process.
Meanwhile - have a closer look at the features comparison.
How do I determine if I am eligible for an upgrade to the Everbridge Platform?
- While all UMS customers are eligible to upgrade at any time, we are giving priority to all UMS Group Alerting Customers.
- If you are not a Group Alert user, but have received an email, your sales person has identified you as being eligible to move early.
- Customers who have integrations with population databases should use the contact us button to determine eligibility.
What does an upgrade cost?
- If you are not adding any additional functionally, there will be no charge for the upgrade to the Everbridge platform.
- Everbridge will provide the services of a migration specialist for up to 5 hours to assist with configuration, data migration and best practices guidance.
- The Everbridge Platform will also include unlimited access to our online training platform, Everbridge University, for all of your users, for the duration of your contract.
- Everbridge will honor your existing traffic rates for voice and SMS.
Do I have to upgrade?
We encourage all customers to upgrade as soon as possible. All development resources on the UMS GAS platform have been reallocated to the Everbridge Suite to focus on new feature development for the Nordics.
How long can I continue on the Group Alerting System?
GAS will be no longer be supported as of Summer 2019. An End of Life date will be issued and posted on this site in February 2019.
What is involved in the upgrade process?
Typically, upgrades are completed over a 2-3 week period, during approximately 3-4 calls with a dedicated migration specialist who will remotely assist you through all steps of the process. Your migration specialist will also be able to provide with you best practices, tips and show you new features. Please join our webinar to learn more.
What training resources do you have?
Everbridge provides access to Everbridge University, our online training platform available 24/7, for an unlimited number of users for the duration of your contract. Everbridge also maintains a wealth of knowledge articles and periodically hosts best practices webinars.
Can I add new features?
If you are interested in adding functionality or products during the upgrade process, please let us know and we would happy to waive setup fees for all features added at the time of upgrade.
I have a different question. Who can I ask?
Please contact your sales reps or use the contact button below and we’ll get back to you right away. We will also be taking question live at our January Webinar.